[Kde-kiosk] KMailcvt/KFileDialog::getExistingDirectory confused by URL Restrictions

Russell Brown russell at lls.lls.com
Thu Jun 24 14:17:41 CEST 2004

As I seem to be playiong with URL Restrictions today :-(

If one has:

	[KDE URL Restrictions][$i]
	rule_1=list,,,,file,,,false
	rule_2=list,,,,file,,$HOME,true

it seems to confuse KFileDialog::getExistingDirectory.

With this URL Restriction in place, if I try to use kmailcvt "Import
Plain Text EMails" option, kmailcvt pops up a "Select Folder" dialogue
with a "Access denied to file:/" error.

I can't then select a directory for kmailcvt to work on :-(

The code for the kmailcvt bit is in:

	../kdepim-3.3.2/kmailcvt/filter_plain.cxx

and looks like:

	QString mailDir = KFileDialog::getExistingDirectory(QDir::homeDirPath(),info->parent());

	if (mailDir.isEmpty()) { // No directory selected
		info->alert(i18n("No directory selected."));
		return;
	}

If I remove the URL restrictions then KFileDialog::getExistingDirectory
displays the entire filesystem and I can select a directory.

Again:  Waldo:  is this an application (kmailcvt) problem or a KDE kiosk
problem?  Who needs to know?

--
 Regards,
     Russell