[Kde-kiosk] FSView doesn't honour [KDE URL Restrictions] :-(

Russell Brown russell at lls.lls.com
Thu Jun 24 13:51:54 CEST 2004

Heads up warning for anyone that thinks their system is kiosked.  FSView
(part of konq_plugins) does NOT honour URL Restrictions and allows users
to browse and modify the filesystem.

I have tried to block file URL's with the following in my kdeglobals:

	[KDE URL Restrictions][$i]
	rule_1=list,,,,file,,,false

This works well for most things and if one tries to open "file:/" in
Konqueror with either "Tree View" or "Icon View" then you get an error
saying "Access denied to file:/"

Unfortunately, if you then click the FSView icon, the whole of the
filesystem is displayed, available for browsing/changing (FSView allows
for deletion/manipulation of files).

This is probably not what people were expecting or want :-(

Waldo:  Is this enough of a report to get it fixed or should I be
sending something to http://bugs.kde.org ??

--
 Regards,
     Russell