[Kde-kiosk] User Profiles, problems with

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Wed Jun 23 15:34:32 CEST 2004

Onsdag den 23. juni 2004 15:27 skrev Waldo Bastian:
> On Thu June 17 2004 18:14, Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > no, I tried using a symlink to fool KDE/SuSE into using the right
> > directory. No luck.
> >
> > The files are being generated, though. All is as it's supposed to be,
> > except KDE doesn't read them.
> >
> > I had a quick look into the "startkde" script, it's quite complicated to
> > gasp what and where (if) to modify anything.
>
> Add to /opt/kde3/bin/startkde around line 336, just before:
>
> 	# the splashscreen and progress indicator
>
> the following line:
>
> 	export KDEDIRS=$(kiosktool-kdedirs)
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

HI again,

- I'm on to it and will keep you posted!!

- Would you guys be interested in pictures from the classroom implementation
once we get our school up and running (9th. of august is the premiere)??
- We're starting out with 140 students 0 to 7th grade, they are going to use
SuSE9 (9.1 perhaps), a huge SUN box (2 CPUs, 4G RAM) to power 30 LEX thin
clients. All running different KDE desktops....