[Kde-kiosk] kdeglobals - how to disable Sound Server due to error message

Ask Holme ask at eternal-newbie.dk
Thu Jun 3 22:24:37 CEST 2004

Moser Philipp <mop at sohard.ch> wrote:
> Hi
> we have set restrictons on various things within the kde environment, so that the users aren't able to do all (internet shop).
>
> After the login, the user unfortunately receives an error respectively an informational message:
>
> "Informational - artmessage. Sound server informational message: Error while initializing the sound driver: device /dev/dsp can't be opened (No such device). The sound server will continue, using the null output device."
>
> Is there a way that users won't see this informational message? If yes, what do we have to do in the global settings? Are there any other things to do? In general we anyway do not want users to listen, use etc. any sound, even if the pc has a soundcard.
i got a global artsmessagerc with:
"
	[Notification Messages]
	Sound_server_informational_message:__Error_while_initializing_the_sound_driver:_
	device_/dev/dsp_can't_be_opened_(No_such_file_or_directory)__The_sound_server_wi
	ll_continue,_using_the_null_output_device.=false
" in it (linewrap destroys file). generally. setup 1 user. login and
click the field to disable the message. then go into that users local
config dir and copy the generated artsmessagerc to the globale dir.

--
Ask Holme
"det er min stationære, jeg har flyttet min seng hen foran mit