[Kde-kiosk] How to unset a configuration key?

Marcus Camen mcamen at mcamen.de
Sat Jul 31 19:13:40 CEST 2004

Hi *,

i would like to unset a key in a KDE config file.

Take for example in kdeglobals:
  [Paths]
  Trash=foo

If Trash ist not defined in any kdeglobals file KDE will name the trashcan
directory i18n("Trash") (see kglobalsettings.cpp). This is exactly the
behaviour I want.
But what happens if a User has Trash=user_foo in his $KDEHOME? KDE names
the trashcan 'user_foo'. Of course I can create an entry
  [Paths]
  Trash[$i]=system_foo
somewhere in $KDEDIRS but then the name of the trashcan is 'system_foo'
instead of i18n("Trash").

What to do? If I set the key to nothing like
  Trash[$i]=
I get broken popup menus inside konqueror filebrowsing mode. _All_ actions
except 'Properties' are missing. Seems like a bug...

So, is there any way to explicitly unset a key? Something like
  [Paths]
  Trash[$u]
($u for undefined)?

--