[Kde-kiosk] Locking Down Right Mouse Button

Aman Raheja araheja at techquotes.com
Tue Jul 20 20:22:43 CEST 2004

I use RedHat 9, XFree86 and I have achieved this by editing the
/etc/X11/XF86Config

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
#        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
#        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
	Options	    "Buttons" "1"
EndSection

Save it and restart Xserver.

Aman Raheja
http://www.techquotes.com

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 09:07, steve f wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working out the last little bit of my locked down screen & have
> hit a snag.  I have removed the kick panel, created my changes in
> KDEGlobals & created icons on the desktop for the users to access. I
> have removed the RIGHT Click function from the DESKTOP but I still can
> RIGHT Click on the icons.  Where can I lock down the Right Click
> function on the Icons?  I tried to add a file in my .xinitrc file  -
> xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 5 6 7 8 9" but this didn't fix the problem.
>
> Any ideas? How can I either block the right mouse button globally or
> fix it for the Icons?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Aman Raheja		      Linux+ Certified