[Kde-kiosk] Problem accessing AOL email from Konq

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Jan 11 04:12:39 CET 2004

I'm not sure if my KDE URL Restrictions or KDE Action Restrictions might
have affected it, but the owners of a cafe where I'm setting up a Kiosk
are having trouble checking their AOL Email.

I watched as they did it under Mozilla, and it looks as though AOL has
some sort of insane JavaScript crap going on.  Once I got cookies working
right, they were able to sign into AOL using Konqueror, but then when they
go to look at e-mail messages, a window appears and they get a "Permission
Denied" (similar to what gets thrown up if you go to "file:///..." URLs)

My restrictions only look like this, tho!

[KDE URL Restrictions][$i]
rule_count=5
rule_1=open,,,,file,,,false
rule_2=list,,,,file,,,false
rule_3=open,,,,file,,$TMP,true
rule_4=open,,,,ftp,,,false
rule_5=list,,,,ftp,,,false

Any ideas?!  It's been almost a year since I did kiosk stuff, so I'm pretty
rusty.  I'm running IceWM window manager, Debian Woody, and KDE 3.1 backported
to Woody using the following URL:

  deb http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1/Debian stable main

I'm happy to post my full 'kdeglobals' config if anyone needs more. ;)

Thanks!

--
bill at newbreedsoftware.com                           Got kids?  Get Tux Paint!