[Kde-kiosk] kiosktool

Karsten Römke k.roemke at gmx.de
Mon Dec 13 15:25:33 CET 2004

Hello together!
Nearly one year ago I experimented a little with the kiosk mode.
Now I find the kiosktool and tried it. I limited a poor user to
nearly nothing - but It does not work (as I hoped it should work:-)

If I configured a profile for a user - what I have to do after
that? -> copy the files I found in /etc/kde-profile/profile1 to
the users home? - hmm, I can't imagine that way.

Does kiosktool automatically copy the files to the places in
/opt/kde3? as far as I understand kiosk-mode, this would not work.
I find in the cvs-readme nothing about userspecific settings.

I hope the questions are not to simple, but I don't find documentation
which is helpful enough for me.
Thanks
       Karsten