[Kde-kiosk] edit file type action disappears

William J. Stotts wstotts at sonitrol.net
Fri Aug 20 14:05:34 CEST 2004

I am getting ready to roll out KDE as the corporate desktop here and was
testing your great new tool kiosktool. The OS is WhiteBoxLinux based on
RHEL v.3 and the KDE is v.3.2.3. I realize the kisoktool is a work in
progress... Here is a problem I noticed. On the default profile in
kiosktool I set the "Disable Edit File Type" in "General" for one
username, and then associated the profile with just one user. Now that
option has disappeared from ALL users desktop's even root. I then
removed the KDEDIRS=kiosk-kdedirs option from the startkde script and
the "Edit File Type" is still unavailable. I can get to it from Control
Center but was wondoring if someone could point me to a fix for this?

Thanks,
Bill Stotts