[Kde-kiosk] Problem when running configure script

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Fri Aug 13 12:02:27 CEST 2004

On Monday 09 August 2004 16:27, Paulo Goes wrote:
> Hi Björn, thanks for your help. Follwing your tips
> I've discovered Yast applies to Suse distribution. My
> distro is Conectiva 10 (similar to Red Hat). Is it
> Yast mandatory even in a different distribution than
> Suse?

No, it's SuSE specific. (Although IIRC Novell recently released YaST under a
free software license, so in theory other distros could pick it up now. I
don't really expect it to happen though.)

> I think I've already installed all kde related rpm
> files. Are kde development packages you've refered to,
> the sources of kde?

No, they are only the header files (*.h) of kdelibs. Those are needed to build
packages from source.

As for your error, you need to pass a prefix to configure that contains KDE
headers. By default a source package will install into /usr/local, you need
to pass --prefix=`kde-config --prefix` to configure.

I assume it'll also work if you make sure configure searches the headers in
the include path _AND_ you make sure the extra /usr/local prefix is part of
the $KDEDIRS environment variable or mentioned in /etc/kderc.