[Kde-kiosk] disappearing menu

cfischer5 at comcast.net cfischer5 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 1 02:18:41 CEST 2004

I have installed kiosktool 0.7-1 and am running kde 3.1.2 on debian sid.

I am getting errors when I try to save a menu configuration. When I click on the
menu setup, I get the menu as I have created it, and when I click on preview it
is as I have designed it.

 here is the terminal output when I click the Setup KDE Menu button:

KioskRun::configFile(kdeglobals) load
Flushing kdeglobals
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) removing
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...
kmenuedit: WARNING: Could not read
/home/cfischer/.kde-test/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu

and when I save the menu settings, which come up as I have designed them - so no
changes

QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  20
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x2c00366

And this when I quit the menu config app, and click the save button

ComponentPage::slotSetupDone()
KioskRun::configFile(kdeglobals) load
MenuEditComponent::setupFinished()
menuEditFile =
/home/cfischer/.kde-test/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu
menuFile = /etc/kde-profile/profile3/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu
menuFileSave = /etc/kde-profile/profile3/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu
kiosktool: WARNING: Could not open
/home/cfischer/.kde-test/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu
Ignoring kmenueditrc
Flushing kdeglobals
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) removing
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...

OO .. this time /etc/kde-profiles/profile3/.../xdg/menus/applications.menu
changed!!

Darn - logged in as my user, and now the panel and menu are both default!

Back to my home, and ran kiosktool again. Now everything in the profile behaves as it should when I run it from kiosktool.

Here is a brief kiosktool session:
cfischer at pc02:~$ kiosktool
QMetaObject::findSignal:KListView: Conflict with QListView::doubleClicked(QListV iewItem*,const QPoint&,int)
KioskRun::configFile(kickerrc) load
File = kickerrc Group = (null) Immutable = false
KioskRun::configFile(kdeglobals) load
Flushing kickerrc
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kickerrc) removing
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kickerrc) not changed
Flushing kdeglobals
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) removing
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) not changed
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...
Invalid entry (missing '=') at /tmp/kde-cfischer/kioskdir/kconf_updaten9eQnb.tmp:1
Invalid entry (missing '=') at /tmp/kde-cfischer/kioskdir/kconf_updateEUjBib.tmp:1
KioskRun::configFile(kdeglobals) load
KioskRun::configFile(kickerrc) load
Flushing kickerrc
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kickerrc) removing
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kickerrc) not changed
Flushing kdeglobals
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) removing
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...
kicker is up and running.
ComponentPage::slotSetupDone()
KioskRun::configFile(kdeglobals) load
Flushing kdeglobals
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) removing
KioskRun::configFile(kickerrc) load
KioskRun::configFile(kdeglobals) load
Flushing kickerrc
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kickerrc) removing
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kickerrc) not changed
Flushing kdeglobals
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) removing
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) not changed
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...
Registered: kicker
kicker is up and running.
Registered: anonymous-2896
kicker: WARNING: Can't open /home/cfischer/.kde-test/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml
ComponentPage::slotPreviewDone()
KioskRun::configFile(kickerrc) load
KioskRun::configFile(kdeglobals) load
Flushing kickerrc
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kickerrc) removing
Making file immutable!
Flushing kdeglobals
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) removing
KioskRun::restoreImmutableStatus(kdeglobals) not changed
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...
klauncher: Exiting on signal 1

Can you see anything that I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
Charlotte