[2] [2] [Kde-kiosk] disabling right mouse button

Dirk Drexlin drexlin at khs-calw.de
Tue May 13 13:46:02 CEST 2003

Martijn Klingens <klingens at kde.org> wrote on 13.05.2003 11:10:13:

>On Tuesday 13 May 2003 09:25, Dirk Drexlin wrote:
>> I want to lock down KDE, so that users can only access the internet. (I
>> might add some other options for them later)
>> So I configured kickerrc, so that there is only the button for konqueror.
>> But with the right mouse button, users can add buttons and obviously I
>> dont't want that.
>
>If you make kicker "immutable" the user can no longer change the settings
>anymore.
>
>Place a [$i] at the top of kickerrc and restart kicker (or login again) to see
>the result.

Well, strange, but this didn't work.
But making kickerrc unwritable for the user worked.
So, my problem with kicker is solved.

But I still would like to know how I can disable the mouse buttons on the desktop using kdeglobals or
kdesktoprc. I disabled them using Control Center. But I feel it might be better only to use the files and
not Control Center. Who knows what Control Center does.....

Cheers

Dirk