[2] [Kde-kiosk] disabling right mouse button

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue May 13 12:10:13 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 09:25, Dirk Drexlin wrote:
> I want to lock down KDE, so that users can only access the internet. (I
> might add some other options for them later)
> So I configured kickerrc, so that there is only the button for konqueror.
> But with the right mouse button, users can add buttons and obviously I
> dont't want that.

If you make kicker "immutable" the user can no longer change the settings
anymore.

Place a [$i] at the top of kickerrc and restart kicker (or login again) to see
the result.

For more information regarding the KDE Kiosk framework for locking down KDE,
see README.kiosk in the kdecore folder of the kdelibs source code.