[Kde-kiosk] file://path/to/known/file

Bill Kendrick kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:12:22 -0800

Sadly, it seems that although I've disabled text completion in the Location
field of Konq, and I've disabled directory browsing in the Open/Save dialogs,
it looks like one can still get to a file if they know the name:

  file:/home/newsbeat/.bashrc

The folks I'm setting this Kiosk up for want me to get it to them as soon as
I can, so I was going to go through one more apt-get update/upgrade
(looks like it's pulling nearly 40MB of new stuff!) and finish up what
little things I can.

I don't think this will be TOO big of an issue, right off the bat, but
having a Linux-based kiosk out there (and advertising it is such) will get
people who know Linux coming and poking at it. :^(

Is there a quick fix for this?  I think I've talked about disbaling file://
protocol before, so I'll check my archives of this list.  In the meantime,
I thought I'd ask, in case something new has changed in the last couple of
months.

Thanks.  Wish me luck!

-bill!