[Kde-kiosk] Re: Default kickerrc file

Waldo Bastian kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:56:05 +0100

On Monday 24 March 2003 22:29, Chris Howells wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 23 March 2003 19:28, Dan Lynch wrote:
> > I obtained your address from a posting you made to the kde-kiosk group a
> > few months back in response to Chris Dawkins question of where the
> > default kickerrc file resides.
> >
> > I am trying to set up a global kicker panel, but have found that it does
> > not seem to obey the same rules as all the other KDE apps (namely that
> > default system-wide initial settings can be found in
> > /usr/share/config/${appname}rc. I assume this is because the settings are
> > hard-coded into kicker? If that is the case, is it also the case that the
> > kicker program does not look first in the hierarchical configuration
> > structure used by KDE everywhere else?
> >
> > Basically, is there any way of altering the default panel look without
> > having to re-compile kdebase with my own modifications?
>
> Sorry, I'm not an expert on this. Hopefully Waldo or somebody else on the
> kde-kiosk list can help you [CCd].

Yes, kicker (and most other KDE applications) comes with builtin defaults.
However, you can install a default file yourself as
$KDEDIR/share/config/kickerrc (/usr/share/config/kickerrc in your case) and
kicker will use that then.

bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com