[Kde-kiosk] Kisok Setup Question

Stynx kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:05:52 +0100

Hi,

I've been doing and trying this for the past week.
You can disable the 'toolbars' in the $KDEDIR/share/config/konquerorrc
I think you will find the konqueror.rc and the khtml_browser.rc
/share/apps/khtml/khtml_browser.rc interesting.
To start in 'fullscreen' mode I use a startupscript with the line:
kstart --fullscreen kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing [url]*
A profile can be located in /share/apps/konqueror/profiles/, but maybe you
don't want or need one.
There is probably more to do, and i don't mind to share ideas, also just
starting and testing.

To do (one of many things) : disable some entries in the right-click popup
menu.

http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdelibs/kdecore/README.kiosk?rev=1.18.2.5&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
But please look for the correct version of the KDE jou are using.

With thanks to Martijn Klingens, he pointed me to something I completely
overlooked because the kstart on my testing machine (3.0) did not (now
upgraded) support --fullscreen. Feel so stupid, but thanks Martijn:)

Cheers,
Annemieke