[Kde-kiosk] Oops 1 more thing

Waldo Bastian kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 23:33:04 +0100

On Friday 31 January 2003 22:15, mymail999@juno.com wrote:
> Hi, one more question about KDE 3.x for kiosks:
> Does Konqueror in KDE 3.1 offer a way to prevent the user from customizing
> its menus and saving passwords?

You can disable toolbar handles and the "Configure toolbars" option.

I don't think it saves passwords at all at the moment. It might save some
other data that is entered in forms though. You can disable that with
Configure Konqueror->Behaviour->Form completions.

E.g. in konquerorrc:
[HTML Settings]
FormCompletion[$i]=false

> How well would KDE 3.1 perform on older hardware (~350 MHz, 128 MB RAM)?

I think it does just fine on that. Less memory would be a problem though.

bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com