[Kde-kiosk] Classroom control

Christopher Dawkins kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:22:12 +0000 (GMT)

Making progress, many thanks for your comments, the $KDEDIRS seem very
powerful, but the StarOffice icons remain very reluctant to appear - they
appear in some cases and not in others, and I am trying to work out why.
On our system they seem to be buried very deep - guess where - in

/usr/local/staroffice6.0/share/kde/net/mimelnk/share/icons/

eg

/usr/local/staroffice6.0/share/kde/net/mimelnk/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/00
1_star_butterfly.xpm

and similar parallel directories

> Hmm. remarkable. Does it matter if you set $KDEDIRS to include /usr/local as
> well? (Note that the order matters)

What should the separator be between different paths in $KDEDIRS? Colon?

>> b) User kdelock1 can't drag things around the kicker bar, but can add
>>    and remove them.

Still a problem - I am sure it was possible two days ago - is there
something obvious that controls this? I note there are a lot of fractional
FreeSpaces there - e.g. FreeSpace=0.315175 - whereas in vanilla kickerrc
files the FreeSpace seems to be always 0 or 1.

--
Christopher Dawkins, Felsted School, Dunmow, Essex  CM6 3JG
01371-822698, mobile 07816 821659    cchd@felsted.essex.sch.uk