[Kde-kiosk] Classroom control

Christopher Dawkins kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:37:42 +0000 (GMT)

> The problem is ...  I can't remember where I set it up

Many thanks for your reply, received just as I was writing this. Sorry to
bother you. I've found it. In our /usr/local/share/config, just where it
should have been! I am sure I had looked - but now, I think, I probably
looked on the wrong server.

$KDEDIRS pointing to my user ~kdelock1/.kde is now working well, with
minor oddities

a) User kdelock1 doesn't get the StarOffice icons (though the desktop
files work from the default cog icon on the kicker) while users with
their $KDEDIRS set to ~kdelock1/.kde do get them!

b) User kdelock1 can't drag things around the kicker bar, but can add
and remove them.

c) users can add things to their kicker bars, creating small kickerrc
files, and these integrate nicely on next login with the forced $KDEDIRS
configuration. But if they have "old" kickerrc files these prevent the
$KDEDIRS configuration from showing through. I think my solution is to
delete personal kickerrc files!

--
Christopher Dawkins, Felsted School, Dunmow, Essex  CM6 3JG
01371-822698, mobile 07816 821659    cchd@felsted.essex.sch.uk