[Kde-kiosk] last try

jef peeraer kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:25:02 +0100

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 17:54, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 February 2003 17:29, jef peeraer wrote:
> > > i tried
> > > strace -e trace=file kmail
> > >
> > > but i don't see kmailrc anywhere in the result.
> >
> > Sorry, i forgot the -f flag for strace. I'll try it again.
>
> You also want to add --nofork as argument to kmail.
>
> I myself always use "kedit" for testing purposes since it isn't nearly as
> large as kmail.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo
Ok, i did some tests with strace and it seems that the KDEDIRS files got
scanned. I also tried to run kicker from the command line, also to trace a
little bit. I noticed that this time, the kicker took the correct kickerrc
file, but it didn't complete on the screen because of some errors.
Maybe is that the way it works : it tries to load the kickerrc file in
KDEDIRS, but if errors appear, it loads another kickerrc ????
btw . the error was something like this
trying to create local folder: access denied
and also something about libraries with extension .la and searchpaths.

Jef