[Kde-kiosk] Is Kiosk what I need?

Dylan kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:30:47 +0000

Hi all,

I've read the readme, but seem to be none the wiser. I'm wanting to do the
following:

On boxes in the childrens' bedrooms:
A: Boot directly to their user account without login.
B: Shutdown automatically at logout, without option to 'login as different
user'
C: remove access to any app which will ask for a root password.

On my user account, I use two different machines, one in my office with 21"
monitor running at 1600x<whatever> and onr in the living room with 17"
running at 1024:
A: Have the desktop metrics reflect the machine I'm on,
B: Display the appropriate device icons on the desktop.

Thanks for any comments/advice

Dylan

--
"Sweet moderation