[Kde-kiosk] more weirdness kickerrc

Waldo Bastian kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:25:55 +0100

On Saturday 22 February 2003 11:09, jef peeraer wrote:
> It didn't. The first time i logged in again, there was even no panel at
> all. I removed KDEHOME  and then i got a panel, but it was not immutable.
> Is there something else i can try ?

Copy kickerrc to some safe place when it is to your liking and add [$i] to it.
Log out and copy this kickerrc to /testkde/kde-shared/share/config/kicker.

It should get properly picked up then for every user that has
/testkde/kde-shared included in KDEDIRS.

I also realised that where you might run into problems is that you need to
change the permissions of the files in /testkde/kde-shared in order to make
them readable for other users. E.g. do

find /testkde/kde-shared -type d | xargs chmod a+rx
find /testkde/kde-shared -type f | xargs chmod a+r

bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com