[Kde-kiosk] more weirdness kickerrc

Waldo Bastian kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:24:48 +0100

On Friday 21 February 2003 11:54, jef peeraer wrote:
> as i continue my kiosk tour, i still detect weird things, probably because
> i am doing something wrong. I thought to use this KDEHOME and KDEDIRS env.
> vars. I set them as follows
> KDEDIRS=/testkde
> KDEHOME=/testkde/kde-shared
> I relogin , check if the vars are set, and then modify the panel ( added an
> icon ), make it immutable ( added the [$i] at the top of kickerrc, with
> location /testkde/kde-shared/share/config/kickerrc ), restart the kicker (
> dcop kicker kicker restart ).
> The added item still appears on the panel, so that's ok this time, however,
> i can still modify stuff on the panel. When i check the kickerrc file, the
> [$i] at the top seems to be disappeared???

Oh, that might be a bug. I suggest you do do the following:

Set
KDEDIRS=/testkde
KDEHOME=/testkde/kde-shared

Now modify the panel, stop kicker (dcop kicker qt/kicker quit) add [$i]  to
kickerrc

Then logout of KDE, and set
KDEDIRS=/testkde/kde-shared:/testkde
KDEHOME=~/.kde-test

and then everything should work as you expect.

bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com