[Kde-kiosk] Locking Down KDE

Sean McGlynn sean at tmiau.com
Tue Apr 15 22:57:04 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 20:41, Brian Stack wrote:
> I am running Mandrake 9.0, KDE 3.0, and Mozilla 1.1.
>
> I want to lock down the desktop to be read only, a script on the desktop
> will start mozilla when cliked. So it is bacically a read-only web
> interface hopefully in full screen mode.

Hello Brian,

Do you really need KDE then. Why not just start Mozilla up on its own under
X? If that is all you want, then googling for "mozilla" and "kiosk"

http://www.google.com/search?q=mozilla%20kiosk&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

should give you plenty of links. If you need more than that, can you explain
a bit more please.

> Any suggestions on how to do this would be GREATLY appreciated, since info
> on step by step procedure on how to do this is scattered and limited?
> Things like how to  elminiate the KDE panel (kicker) from the deskop? How
> to shu down a the "read-only" kiosk system? are critcal.
>
> thanks, a very grateful UCI student
>
> Regards,
> Brian

Cheers,
Sean
--
Sean McGlynn
sean at tmiau.com

It has been pointed out to me that a recent email sig of mine
may have caused offence to accordion players. For this I humbly apologise :-)