[Kde-kiosk] How To hide this option

Martijn Klingens kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:03:13 +0100

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 23:13, danny wrote:
> Actually I'm using version 3.0.2
>
> Is this not the right version for using these kind of options?

AFAIK this should be okay. Do the various 'immutable' flags have any effect or
does the whole Kiosk framework seem unusable?

> Or is it best to upgrade to 3.1...but is this version stable enough to be
> used in a production environment?

Not yet. We've just released RC1, RC2 will follow in about a week, and after
that we'll get 3.1.0 final or another RC. As usual the .0 release is fine for
early adopters, pre-deployment testing and home use, but not as rock solid as
the point releases, so you may want to wait about a month after the release
for 3.1.1 before you start to seriously deploy it.