[Kde-kiosk] KDE File Associations

Janyne Kizer kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:45:50 -0500

I am using KDE 2.2.1 and I am having a problem associating .doc files
with StarOffice 5.2.  Where is this information stored?  I think that I
am missing a piece of the puzzle since the Mimelink stuff doesn't
mention an application to execute in order to open the file.  I guess
that I should also have mentioned that using the file association tool
seems to work from some users but not others

Basically, what file(s) need to be edited to associate files with
programs so that, for example, .doc files will be opened by StarOffice
automatically?  Can this be set on at the system level or is this
something that needs to be set for each individual?  Thanks!
--

Janyne Kizer