[Kde-kiosk] [introduction] Sean McGlynn

Sean McGlynn kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 00:00:00 +0000

Hello All :-)

Thought I might as well formally introduce myself!

I've been in the IT industry for 15 years and have worked on IBM mainframes,
Honeywell minicomputers, Digital (now Compaq) AlphaServers running Tru64
Unix, windoze PC's, Linux boxes of varying sizes and lots of other odds and
sods.

During that time my "official" roles have been, amongst 1001 others, computer
operator, operations analyst, developer, systems administrator, technical
strategist, technical manager and all round trouble shooter in a number of
different organisations, large and small.

At the moment I can't decide what I want to do, so I've decided not to do
anything! (Note to self: "get a job ............sometime").

I always found the operations and sysadmin jobs fun, so I like to help out
others who are involved in those areas, hence why I'm here :-)
But I can never stop getting involved in as many different things as are
humanly possible, hence why I'm also on lots of other mailing lists.
I intend to actually produce some KDE software Real Soon Now [tm].

I'll attempt to send out some more info on a companion website for this list
and other issues over the weekend. In the meantime, please send in any
sysadmin questions you've got. Naturally, the list will be slow for a while
until more people join it, but don't let that stop anybody from starting the
ball rolling :-)

Cheers,
Sean
--