[Kde-kiosk] Idle Logout/Time Out

Carla kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:26:46 -0500

I want to thank you all for discussing this!  Over Christmas holidays I'm
planning to set up a few kiosk-type computers for my work (a public
library).  Right now we are dealing with the problems with Windows.  Having
to reinstall on a regular basis is just a little too much.  So far,
KDE-kiosk sounds like the answer!  The only problem I could think of was the
idle logout and the way we have to set time on the computers in the library.

We have to limit people to a half an hour with periodic warnings and
password protect it once it locks out.  I was thinking about xscreensaver
for this, but I don't know how to get the warnings at 15, 5, 3, and 1
minutes of time remaining.  We have a staff member who puts in the password
to let people on, so people would not be logging themselves on and off and
the password has to be fairly easy for staff to change.  We have learned we
must change the password weekly or we begin to have problems.  Any
suggestions for the warnings?

Thanks tons!!

carla

Otis Library