[Kde-kiosk] Stupid question - disabling "file:///" URLs in Konq?

Waldo Bastian kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:15:24 +0100

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 10:29, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 December 2002 00:24, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > I tried renaming "file.protocol" to "file.protocol-OFF" and restarting
> > KDE, but it didn't help.
>
> Hmm, I assume kbuildsycoca is run automatically when restarting KDE, so
> that shouldn't be the problem.
>
> > I can still browse to "file:///" and get around the filesystem.
> >
> > I can also get the file browser window by hitting the little
> > 'opening folder' icon button in the "Open Location" dialog in Konq.
>
> Hmm, Waldo, is file: special-cased because a lot of code uses direct file
> access instead of KIO because of performance issues?

Could be, yes. I'm working on restrictions in that field, see
kapp->authorizeURLAction(), but that is not configurable at the moment.

bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com