[Kde-kiosk] Zero setup?

Martijn Klingens kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:00:50 +0200

On Monday 22 April 2002 10:32, Tarjei Huse wrote:
> Hi, Thanks to Waldo and Martijn for answering
>
> > In some cases (mostly directories/filenames) you can use $USER or $HOME
> > in configuration settings. This will then be expanded during run-time.
> >
> > This does not work everywhere unfortunately.
>
> This is what I need. Do you know where it works and where it doesn't?

Like Waldo said, mostly in files and directories. KIO is able to substitute
the variables if I'm not mistaken. If that's correct you can use it for
everything based on KIO.
Beyond KIO it's likely uncharted territory and up to the app. Trial and error
I'd say. And feel free to send your results back to the list for future
admins with the same problem :-)

> Also what is the $KDEDIR setting in redhat?

/usr.

Martijn