[Kde-java] KDE SystemTray

Stefan Endrullis stefan at endrullis.de
Tue Feb 27 12:32:30 CET 2007

Hi,

well, in the first feature list of Java 6, I have seen, it was mentioned that system tray icons are only supported for Windows. Seeing that
Java should be platfrom independent, this is not glorious for Sun. But it seems that Sun has changed this fact. I hope once it will work for
all OS.

But currently I'm using an external lib for the system tray named "jdic" (https://jdic.dev.java.net/). I think it's the most popular library
for system tray icons. It's also platform independent and the project is already some years old.

You can find another implementation of the system tray icon in the project "tvbrowser" (http://tvbrowser.org/). They have written their own
tray icon classes. It's also OS independent.

I hope I could help you.

Regards,
Stefan