[Kde-java] IDE recommendations

Paul Waldo pwaldo at waldoware.com
Tue Nov 28 15:58:39 CET 2006

Hi all,

I'm giving kde-java a try and I need some help with IDEs.  I'm hoping
this will be easy to get a new project started, but I've already run
into a stumbling block.

I am comparing KDevelop and Eclipse, running on Kubuntu Dapper.  I
started with KDevelop and created a new project.  KDevelop was unable to
compile the sample, due to the kde-java jar files not being in the
classpath.  It is not obvious to me how to get KDevelop to include new
jars in the classpath.  So, I quickly switched to Eclipse.  It does not
seem to have any built-in support for KDE apps written in Java.

I'm eager to get started, so I was hoping that I could get:
- IDE recommendations
- help with the specific issues above

Thanks in advance!

Paul