[Kde-java] playground/devtools/eclipse/org.kde.qt.designer.ui

Carsten Pfeiffer pfeiffer at kde.org
Fri May 5 19:14:55 CEST 2006

On Friday 17 March 2006 19:54, Richard Dale wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, I must have missed it back then -- I only found it
accidentally when showing only "watched" threads in KMail.

>- need to find out how to get
> > better completion hints (real argument names instead of "String arg1"
> > etc.)
>
> Do you mean the arg names in the QtJava .java sources? It uses whatever
> names the original C++ args had, and only names them 'arg1' etc if they
> were missing. So I'm not sure what we can do about that.

OK, so the Java-classes have the right argument names. Eclipse
auto-computes "arg1" etc. when it doesn't have any information, e.g. when the
class files don't have a LocalVariableTable attribute. IIRC I even attached
the source code to koala.jar, but maybe that is not used by Eclipse's
code-completion. Need to investigate that.

> This looks good stuff and I'd like to try it out, but I couldn't get
> Kubuntu to work with Eclipse and gcj on my iBook:
>
> !SESSION 2006-03-17 15:22:51.357
> eclipse.buildId=
> java.fullversion=GNU libgcj 4.0.2 20050808 (prerelease) (Ubuntu
> 4.0.1-4ubuntu9)
> BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=ppc, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
> Framework arguments:
> Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch ppc
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 2006-03-17 15:22:55.921
> !MESSAGE /usr/local/lib/eclipse/plugins is not a valid plugins directory.

Is that the location where the plugins are installed? What's in there? Could
this be some kind of misconfiguration?

Cheers,
Carsten
--
Fraunhofer Institute Computer Architecture and Software Technology, FIRST
Kekuléstraße 7, 12489 Berlin