[Kde-java] Disabling kjs and kjava

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon Nov 7 10:53:41 CET 2005

On Saturday 05 November 2005 02:27, Mr E_T wrote:

> > > Weird.
> > > This is the first time I hear about a webserver not being compatible
> > > with the KDE Implementation for HTTP or SSL
> >
> > The way I understand Mr E_T's mail it's possible for Java apps to
> > override proxy settings, and the KDE code doesn't support these overrides
> > and instead enforces the global proxy config on the app. Is that about
> > right?
>
> I use kde 3.4.2
> and yes that seems to be about right.
> The site in question is a banking site and probably does it as a security
> issue - to prevent an application from hijacking the data.

Hmm, I was about to reply about the silence regarding your question, but I
just realized the mail went to the kde-java list, which is about developing
KDE applications in Java, not about Konqueror's Java applets.

Could you repost your question (with the information about overriding the
proxy that caused the confusion) to kfm-devel at kde.org instead?

Thanks,

--
Martijn