[Kde-java] building qtjava without kde

Shea Martin smartin at arcis.com
Sat Mar 5 20:24:15 CET 2005

Richard Dale wrote:

>On Friday 04 March 2005 22:26, Shea Martin wrote:
>

>>Richard Dale wrote:

>>>I would just use qmake in the kdebindings/qtjava/javalib/qtjava directory
>>>- all the C++ sources are there. I've attached a suitable qtjava.pro
>>>project the I used recently to build an embedded version of QtJava, so it
>>>should work (it doesn't build the QGL* classes though). Just make sure
>>>$QTDIR is set up correctly and type 'qmake -makefile' and it should
>>>generate a suitable Makefile.
>>>

>>I build the Makefile, but the 'make' fails while compiling JavaSlot.cpp,
>>line 22, "can't find JavaSlot.moc".  'find kdebindings -name
>>JavaSlot.moc' yeilds nothing.  Am I missing a step here?  I also notice
>>that QtUtils.cpp includes QtUtils.moc, which I can't find either.
>>

>Ah yes sorry, I forgot about that. You need to change JavaSlot.cpp:
>
>Change:
>
>#include "JavaSlot.moc"

>#include "JavaSlot.h"
>
>I left out QtUtils.cpp in the 'qtjava.pro' file because it depends on the
>multi-threaded version of Qt, and the Qt Embedded I was building against was
>single threaded. If you include it, you'll need to make a similar change to
>QtUtils.cpp for the moc include. But it's an 'addon', and not part of the
>core bindings functionality so it can be left out.
>
>-- Richard

What version of kdebindings would I have to get in order to build
against Qt 3.2.3?  I am having trouble compiling it.  For example there
are calls to QAction->setDisabled() which doesn't exist in 3.2.3, only
setEnabled(false).  That is easy enough to fix, but how about
QAction->activate()?  And these are only the ones I have found so far.

Thanks,

~Shea M.

PS - Line 157 of JavaSlot.h, there are two 'arg1', sun's compilers don't
like this.  The signature is fine in the cpp file.