[Kde-java] Re: GCJ (Re: Build system for KDE4)

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Jun 20 10:13:46 CEST 2005

On Sunday 19 June 2005 22:35, Richard Dale wrote:
[snip signal/slot discussion]
>  On the other hand, I think it's useful to
> have an option close to the C++ api to make it easy to convert code
> from C++ to java.

Realistically; how many people will do that?
But ok, if the implementation is there, we can use it. No need to throw
work away.
I assume the example code you typed uses a base object QObject?  Or how
does an object know the SLOT method in your Java example?

> But if you were starting from scratch, you might want
> to use the version based on your design if it looked better. As long as
> the implementation underneath is the same and compatible.

Naturally.
--
Thomas Zander