[Kde-java] Re: GCJ (Re: Build system for KDE4)

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Jun 16 11:00:05 CEST 2005

On Thursday 16 June 2005 10:18, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > But the package names are hard coded - any classes beginning with 'Q'
> > go into
> > org.kde.qt and all others go into org.kde.koala. So maybe when we
> > decide on a
> > better package naming scheme, the bindings generator ought to allow
> > any Qt headers to be used for bindings generation and not just the
> > ones in the Qt and KDE libs. Maybe a configuration file is needed for
> > C++ classname to Java
> > package/classname mappings.
>
> In the case of kextprocess it's namespaced C++ code. There's the
> KExtProcess namespace with several classes in it. The most 'natural'
> namespace for Java in terms of typing and grouping would probably be
> <classname>.extprocess.kde.

Remembering a conversation on kdecore-devel about namespaces; the
consensus was that kdelibs was not going to be adding namespaces, meaning
most classes will be namespace-less.
I'm inclined to use the directories they are in; so we have a
kde.kparts and a kde.kdeui kde.kdecore
where the last may be renamed to
kde.ui and kde.core

This is fairly normal naming in Java.