[Kde-java] Re: GCJ (Re: Build system for KDE4)

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Jun 15 21:23:21 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 18:07, Tom Tromey wrote:
> CNI isn't really a full C++/Java bridge.  There doesn't seem to be a
> good way to make one, really, since C++ is so much more expressive
> than Java.
>
> CNI is more like a convenient way to write native methods in C++, and
> a way to access Java code from C++.

Ok, to make sure that I get it right: if I have a C++ lib and want to write
Java unit tests I would first need to wrap the C++ lib? That'd be a rather
large setback for me.

Also, the other way round, writing a lib in Java and the tests in C++ would be
far more simple? (As that's exactly the case I do *NOT* need it's useless for
me, but trying to get things straight.)

--
Martijn