[Kde-java] Re: polish( )

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 18:46:21 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 16:40, David Goodenough wrote:
> > > I'd be interested if you try out the TextEdit example that had the
> > > QAction slot problem and see if it loops and crashes for you as well as
> > > me. -- Richard
> >
> > I will give it a go.  Please see my other note as there is at least one
> > thing that the compiler should have flagged as an error in QImage.cpp.
> >
> > David
>
> This is what I get (and not just for the TextEdit program, I tried it on
> one of mine (in development using juic, so not know to be working).

>    at JNIEnv_.CallStaticBooleanMethod(_jclass, _jmethodID, ...)
> (/home/david/src/kdebindings3/kdebindings/qtjava/javalib/qtjava/.libs/libqt
>javasupport.so.1.0.0) at QtSupport.voidDelegate(void, byte const, byte
> const)
> (/home/david/src/kdebindings3/kdebindings/qtjava/javalib/qtjava/.libs/libqt
>javasupport.so.1.0.0) at QToolBarJBridge.polish()

Oh bother - I see a call to polish() in there! Thanks for confirming the
problem anyway. With all the linking problems I couldn't test it until it was
too late for the KDE 3.3.1 release. Hopefully it will just involve fixing
Invocation.java, and not regenerating the sources. I'll have a look.

-- Richard