[Kde-java] Questions about KCommandHistory

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 23:15:12 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 21:50, Maik Schulz wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Tuesday 05 October 2004 22:51, Richard Dale wrote:
> > Hi Maik
> >
> > The KDE 3.3.1 release of the java bindings has been a disaster i'm
> > afraid. I tried out the TextEdit example to look into the bug with the
> > QAction signals that David reported today, and I found it looped and seg
> > faulted. I can't seem to get kdejava to link because of a problem with
> > the KCommand class I can't sort out.
>
> would it work if I generated the bindings via smoke? I just updated the
> bindings from CVS KDE_3_3_BRANCH.
They were generated with the version of kalyptus in the HEAD branch, the one
in the KDE_3_3_BRANCH was what was used for the KDE 3.3.0 release. So you can
go into kdebindings/smoke/kde in HEAD, and edit 'generate.pl' in their and
change '-fsmoke' to '-fjni' - that's how I generated them.

See if you can build the KDE_3_3_BRANCH, and get it to link - its only a
problem with KCommand.cpp - see below.

But I'm not sure what the seg fault problem with the TextEdit example was - if
you could try running a KDE example and see what happens that would be great.
I had an entirely unrelated automake/autoconf problem that I couldn't seem to
sort out, and that's why I haven't been able to test anything properly.

-- Richard