[Kde-java] Where is QMap

David Goodenough david.goodenough at btconnect.com
Sat Oct 2 19:13:41 CEST 2004

On Saturday 02 October 2004 16:28, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Saturday 02 October 2004 16:14, David Goodenough wrote:
> > I realise that without the new features of Java-5 QMap may be of little
> > use, or rather will require lots of explicit casting, but where it is?
> >
> > I am trying to go through all the Qt Designer manual examples, and to
> > convert them into Java, and I got to the main window example and found
> > that this class does not exist.  I could use a Java Map object, but I am
> > not quite sure where this is sufficiently the same.
>
> Currently that type isn't supported - it should be a java HashMap. The
> QtRuby bindings marshall it to a Ruby Hash. I'll add it if I've got time -
> the KDE 3.3.1 release doesn't get tagged until 8:00, so I've got an hour or
> two, but I still haven't built the KDE classes yet, just QtJava.
>
> BTW, I've fixed the QWidget::polish() loop bug.
Wonderful.

I don't mean to pile further detail on you, but have you given throught
to providing QString as well.  I ask because it seems to have rather more
capabilities than String, in particular some message arguement substitution
functions which seem to go beyond those in MessageFormat.  I realise this
could not reasonably be done for this drop, maybe the next one?

David