[Kde-java] Fwd: Java-Gnome: jni or cni

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 12:02:50 CET 2004

I think Mark Howard has written a very good summary of the pros and cons of
switching to gcj/CNI instead of JNI for the Java-Gnome project.  And exactly
the same arguments apply for the Qt/KDE java bindings.

Maybe the next version of the bindings based on dynamic Proxies and the Smoke
library should use CNI? I think it would be faster and might make the
marshalling code simpler too.

-- Richard