[Kde-java] KURLRequesterDlg.getURL() crashes with SIGSEGV

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 6 11:05:47 CEST 2004

On Saturday 05 June 2004 17:48, Maik Schulz wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I just solved it, one is not supposed to pass null as the initial path. An
> empty String does the job...
This is a bug really - it should have converted a java null string to
QString::null, and instead it was converting to (QString*)0L. I've changed
the string conversion method so that a java null is now
(QString*)&QString::null, and KURLRequesterDlg.getURL() works fine with a
null first arg:

QString *
QtSupport::toQString(JNIEnv * env, jstring str, QString ** qstring)
{
	const jchar *	_jchar_str;

	if (str == 0L) {
		return (QString*) &QString::null;
	}

> On Saturday 05 June 2004 17:07, Maik Schulz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just started out using the KDE Java Bindings and ran into the following
> > problem:
> >
> > I use the application that KDevelop generates. After tweaking the code so
> > that it compiles I can start the application and everything seems to work
I haven't looked at KDevelop for a long time - it sounds as though the java
project template needs to be brought in line with the C++ one.