[Kde-java] KURLRequesterDlg.getURL() crashes with SIGSEGV

Maik Schulz list at maikschulz.de
Sat Jun 5 17:07:24 CEST 2004

Hi,

I just started out using the KDE Java Bindings and ran into the following
problem:

I use the application that KDevelop generates. After tweaking the code so that
it compiles I can start the application and everything seems to work except
for the "Open File..." command. I call it from a class that extends
KMainWindow via KURLRequesterDlg.getURL(null, this, tr("Open Location") ). As
soon as Java executes this line the KDE Crash Handler pops up with a SIGSEV.
The backtrace tab tells me that the backtrace is meaningless.

I'm using KDE 3.2.2 with the appropriate bindings. Java is 1.4.2_03.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
-Maik