[Kde-java] KIO Slave in Java

Daniel Hanlon daniel.hanlon at man.ac.uk
Fri Feb 27 18:19:37 CET 2004

Hello all,

Hope I've not missed something blindingly obvious here but I'm a bit confused
about how to implement a KIOSlave with the java kde bindings.  I've got the
bindings compiled and a few trial programmes to work. However, I really want
to use the bindings to implement a new KIOSlave for a protocol (GridFTP)
where there is an available jar implementing the transport layer.

From what I can see, the requirement that KIO launch the slave via kdeinit
means that I should write a bit of C++ to call the java code extending
SlaveBase using JNI.

Am I missing a simpler way of doing this?

Cheers,

Daniel.