[Kde-java] Compressed Icons in Java Apps created with juic

Marco Ladermann marco.ladermann at gmx.de
Fri Aug 20 08:24:37 CEST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 19. August 2004 21:51 schrieb Richard Dale:
> Yes, UTF-8 is the native format of strings in .ui files

What does that mean? If I look in the output generated by uic, I can see that
some strings are coded as hex and feed to "trUtf8" and others are not coded
(probably pure ASCII string?) and only "tr" is used. Are there some rules,
which I can use for the Java generation? Java strings are capable of holding
utf-8 characters (sizeof(char)=16) without further translation. What does the
JNI code with the Java strings? (Okay, I could look by my self, but ...)

Marco
--
KISS - keep it small and simple