[Kde-java] Compressed Icons in Java Apps created with juic

Lukas Molzberger lukas.molzberger at gmx.de
Tue Aug 17 10:00:33 CEST 2004

Hello,
I have a small Problem with code that has been created by the juic compiler
and I have no idea how to get this sorted out. It would be nice if someone
could help me with that.

Basically, what I did is created a small dialog in QtDesigner and exported it
as a .ui file. The dialog contained a relatively large image and I guess that
is the reason why QtDesigner has compressed this image. Then I called juic to
get a java source file. However, when I run this file I get the following
message and the image is not shown in the dialog.

QImage: XPM pixels missing on image line 71

The message is created in the following routine.

    private QPixmap uncompressPixmap(int size, byte [] data) {
        QPixmap pix = null;
        try {
            ByteArrayInputStream bais = new ByteArrayInputStream(data);
            InflaterInputStream iis = new InflaterInputStream(bais);
            byte [] xpm = new byte [size];
            iis.read(xpm, 0, size);
>            pix = new QPixmap(xpm);
        }
        catch (IOException ioe) {
            System.err.println(ioe.getMessage());
        }
        return pix;
    }

The strange thing is that smaller images like icons that are not compressed
work perfectly.

Cheers,
Lukas