[Kde-java] [PATCH] Make juic work again
dominique.devriese at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Sat Apr 3 23:27:42 CEST 2004
Marco Ladermann writes:
> Hi, Am Samstag, 3. April 2004 19:49 schrieb Dominique Devriese:
>> I have another juic patch ready: this makes sure the layout
>> variables are defined before they are used, avoiding compile
> This is a little bit strange, 'cause I can't reproduce this. I found
> some other errors, but this seems to work for me.
> With xsltproc 1.0.33 there are some problems with <xsl:variable> in
> recursive user functions. A workaround is on the way and I would
> like to see if I can fix your other problems to. I will send a email
> tomorrow, when I find a solution.
> Problem 1: this is a typo, functions name should be kde:replace and
> not kde:string-replace.
I know, I've fixed it in HEAD and KDE_3_2_BRANCH.
> Problem 2: Why do you want to replace < and >? I thought, this
> would be done by the xslt processor?
Oh, right. I'll remove that part again then. I'm new to xslt, as you
can tell probably :)
> Problem 3: I could not reproduce this.
I'm pretty sure about this problem. I've looked at the code, it
happens for QLayoutWidget's. The problem is with a QLayoutWidget with
an embedded <vbox>, <hbox> or <grid>. In this case, what the C++ uic
does is not generate a widget at all, but generate only a QVBoxLayout
or QHBoxLayout or QGridLayout, and do an addLayout() on the parent's
layout. What juic does in this case is correctly not generate an
instance variable for the QLayoutWidget ( someone must have thought of
this scenario, or worked with C++ uic code or sth like that ),
incorrectly not generating an instance variable for the layout ( not
sure why ), incorrectly giving the new layout the wrong parent (
resulting in one widget getting two layouts, which causes a runtime
error, apparently ), and possibly more problems that I haven't figured
out as yet.
I'm attaching my test ui file, so you can test it as well.
Thanks for the help
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 6638 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-java/attachments/20040403/c45c950d/macrowizardbase-0001.obj
More information about the Kde-java