[Kde-java] Re: [Kde-bindings] Re: QtJava not working

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 15:47:54 CEST 2004

On Saturday 03 April 2004 14:16, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Richard Dale writes:
> > OK, it should all be fine in both the HEAD and 3.2 branches. There
> > were also a couple of java sources missing from the kdejava project,
> > so I've re-added them too to both branches.
>
> Great, I've now managed to compile and run several qtjava and kdejava
> test apps ( I'm quite impressed by KScribble, btw ;) ) !  The only
> problem left is that I get some ugly console output about some
> exceptions that were thrown.  Do you want me to file a bug report on
> that, or mail you the output that I get or ... ?
I'm pleased to hear you've finally got it all up and running. I would just
mail the exception output to the kde-java list - I don't think there's any
problem with Sun's jdk and KScribble - so I'll try gij with it. There aren't
really enough bug reports for koala java to make it worth using the bug
reporting system.

> I'm now working on packaging the juic program.  After that I'm going
> to test the other bindings.  Packaging kdebindings is a lot of work,
> but I feel like I'm making good progress :)
Yes, thanks. I think the bindings are a really good combination with gcj/gij,
but maybe not many people know that.

-- Richard