[Kde-java] Qt Designer javaeditor plugin

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 11:28:38 CEST 2003

On Sunday 29 June 2003 10:50, Marco Ladermann wrote:
> On Thursday 26 June 2003 19:17, Richard Dale wrote:
> > But would you like to put the juic code
> > in the CVS under say 'qtjava/designer/juic' - that would be great! - it
> > would make the bindings a lot more attractive for KDE 3.2? If you don't
> > have CVS access I think you can mail Stephan Kulow telling him what you
> > want to do.
>
> I mailed Stephan, got CVS access and checked the stylesheets in.
Thanks, excellent! I think this would make a good story on Dot KDE news - we
could discuss the relative merits of XSLT vs. Thomas' java/DOM approach, XSLT
1.0 vs 2.0 and so on. Maybe do that when we can show screen shots of example
forms built with KDE widgets..

We'll need to add a check to kdebindings/configure.in.in for xsltproc (and any
extensions used too?), and Makefile.am files for the new subdirectories under
qtjava/designer. kdelibs depends on xsltproc, so a suitable xsltproc autoconf
macro existance check must already be there. Should the top level script be
installed in $KDEDIR/bin and the .xsl stylesheets in $KDEDIR/share/apps/juic?
We would need some automake rules to do that - maybe there's an existing
example to copy.

-- Richard